[Qgis-user] Is this a bug in the vector clipping algorithm?

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Jun 1 02:45:51 PDT 2021

Alister Hood-2 wrote
> I haven't been able to find a tool for validating or repairing geometries
> that thinks there is a problem with the original geometry

Hi Alister,
what tool have you used to check the geometry?

Have you tried to use the Geometry Checker core plugin (Vectror->Check
Geometries) or the "Check validity" (qgis:checkvalidity) processing tool
(with the QGIS method)?
They both report errors: "duplicate node", "self contact", "duplicate
nodes".

Also the ArcMap/ArcGIS Check Geometry tool reports "self intersections".

Anyway it seem the QGIS Clip tool does a "sanitize" of the intersection
result (always converting to Multi Type).

Regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea