[Qgis-user] Is this a bug in the vector clipping algorithm?

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 15:06:25 PDT 2021

OK, I thought I had tried "Check validity" with both QGIS and GEOS methods,
but I must have got confused and only used GEOS method, which doesn't
detect an error.
The first tool I tried was actually "Fix geometries", which also thinks the
geometries are valid.  Maybe fix geometries uses GEOS and needs to be
enhanced with a QGIS method.
It seems strange for other algorithms like "clip" to do more fixing than
"fix geometries", especially in a case like this where you would think the
feature could be clipped without any "fixing".

Thanks.