[Qgis-user] Visibility of items in SQL Database

Johanna Botman johannab at melton.vic.gov.au
Tue Jun 8 15:19:57 PDT 2021

Thanks Bo Victor for that suggestion, but that is not the problem.
I should have mentioned that I had already tried changing the symbology.

Johanna Botman

Assets / GIS Officer - Melton City Council

Hi Johanna -

I suspect, you have some symbology issues with the layer/table from DB1

Try to change the symbology from "whatever it is now" to a "Single symbol" for the DB1 layer and check if your missing objects appear

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen

Den 08-06-2021 kl. 08:39 skrev Johanna Botman:

> Hi,
>
> I have a situation where I have two SQL databases and I have to move
> data from one to the other. Always the same direction from DB1 to DB2
>
> My issue is that the items show in some tables in DB1 but do not
> display in QGIS.
> I can select from the table, but I can?t select items on the QGIS
> canvas
> I can cut and paste from DB1 to DB2 and the items display in DB2.
> I can manually create an item in an affected table in DB1 and it will
> display.
> When I hover with my Add [polygon/line/point] tool, the square to show
> where the vertices (for snapping) are displayed as I move my cursor
> over them.
> When I run the Validate Geometry tool, the results are that I have
> valid geometry and those layers are displayed.
> In SQL server manager I can see the spatial results for those tables
> in DB1.
> Projections are the same for each DB
> There are no Layer Scale Visibility settings in play for either DB
> It does not affect all tables in DB1.
>
> Can anyone suggest some further troubleshooting strategies?
> *Johanna Botman*
>
> Assets / GIS Officer ? Melton City Council

The information in this message is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified to delete the message and that any dissemination, copying or use of its content is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the Melton City Council.