[Qgis-user] 'Thinning' features

Ujaval Gandhi ujaval at spatialthoughts.com
Fri Jun 18 06:33:40 PDT 2021

For Points, there's a simple solution using SAGA Point Thinning algorithm
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/233032/reduce-number-of-points-in-polygon>.
For Lines I could not find anything built-in but after some tests and the
following solution seems to work well.

   - Use Processing Toolbox > Snap geometries to Layer. Select the same
   layer for both input and reference. Specify your tolerance
   - The nearby line features will be snapped. Now use the Processing
   Toolbox > Delete duplicate geometries to remove one of the overlapping lines

Let me know how it goes with your dataset.
[image: Logo] <https://spatialthoughts.com/>
Ujaval Gandhi
Spatial Thoughts
mobile: +91-8095684687