[Qgis-user] Shifting polygon boundaries

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Fri Jun 18 15:44:00 PDT 2021

Sounds like you want to split A and merge the smaller of the resulting
areas into B. There should be a bunch of tutorials on digitizing online if
you look around, or you can check the QGIS Documentation [1]

If you have already digitized the new boundary as a line feature you can
use processing tools to split the boundary areas with the line features,
but you will still have to merge in an edit session with the digitizing
tools.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html?highlight=digitizing%20merge#merge-selected-features