[Qgis-user] How to convert multiple features to single Feature - Shape file

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 19:48:52 PDT 2021

Krishna and list,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021, 19:07 krishna Ayyala <ayyalakrishna at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a line shapefile named "ShortestPath.shp". Whenever I select one
> line feature for the "ShortestPath" shapefile, I see the following message
> at the bottom left corner of the window. For example: "9 feature(s)
> selected on layer shortest path. i.e. More than one features appear at the
> bottom left corner for each line that I select.

Sounds like you have a number of semi overlapping linestrings, like this:

------------------
      ------
         ----------------
    ------------

I haven't used the particular tool you mention, but I could guess that it
might generate output like that, especially if you generated all the
shortest paths from all the origins to all the destinations in the same
shapefile.

It may be worth trying one origin and one destination to see what the
result of that is (separate shapefile). Then identify a similar linestrings
group in the problematic file to see if you can find the same single route
mixed in there.

>  Is there a way, whenever I select one line feature, It should appear as
> one line feature at the bottom left corner. The tools such as simplify and
> dissolve did not work for me.

I think you need to do something like creating the intersections of all the
overlapping linestrings. I would think that each intersection would contain
all the to-from ids.

I hope this helps!