[Qgis-user] Combing Vector Layers - With Attributes

Springfield Harrison stellargps at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:35:31 PST 2021

Hello All,

I have a master database (point shapefile) of trees to which I need to
add new records frequently.  The two files have different (but similar)
attribute lists.  I need to combine them and add the new attributes into
the appropriate SHP database columns.

Copying and pasting records from the new file into the master list does
work but if the fields are not identical, no attributes are brought into
the master file.

Is there a way to import the new records into their corresponding fields
in the master file?

I've searched for help on this to no avail.  Manifold GIS handles this
very well, setting up a field matching dialogue but I would prefer to
keep the process within QGIS.

Thanks very much for any ideas . . . .

-----
Cheers, Springfield Harrison