[Qgis-user] No transform available between XXX and EPSG:4326 when using non-Earth projections

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Mar 18 14:03:42 PDT 2021

Sebastian,

I can reproduce the 2 error messages you got. There's indeed something
in QGIS that tries a terrestrial reprojection and should be fixed, but I
don't think this is really critical apart of the annoyance of being
spammed about that. Please file a QGIS issue to track this. That said, I
managed to do a non-Earth reprojection by adding a custom CRS with the
following WKT definition:

GEOGCRS["MARS Geographic",

DATUM["D_MARS",

ELLIPSOID["MARS",3396000,0,

LENGTHUNIT["metre",1,

ID["EPSG",9001]]]],

PRIMEM["Reference meridian",0,

ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,

ID["EPSG",9122]]],

CS[ellipsoidal,2],

AXIS["longitude",east,

ORDER[1],

ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,

ID["EPSG",9122]]],

AXIS["latitude",north,

ORDER[2],

ANGLEUNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,

ID["EPSG",9122]]]]

and selecting it as the project CRS. Using ESRI:104905 (GCS_Mars_2000)
seems to also work (I haven't deeply checked but I do get a reprojected
raster and geographic coordinates), but you'll get each time the
warnings about the 2 terrestrial coordinate operations. Hopefully in
coming months, I'll be able to ingest the IAU catalog into the PROJ
database as well.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com