[Qgis-user] What would it take to get BitTorrent links on the downloads page?

Jeff Sonnentag jsonnentag at llenviroinc.com
Thu Mar 25 15:55:35 PDT 2021

I just downloaded 3.16.5 (since I can't really tell if things necessary are fixed in 3.18.1 and got burned before wasting a bunch of time trying to figure out if I was just stupid or if the program didn't work right) and it downloaded an OK rate (1.7 MB/sec) but I guess somebody must be paying for the bandwidth or it would be faster.

What would it take to get BitTorrent links on the downloads page, for potentially faster access and presumably less bandwidth somebody else is paying for to host the files?  I'm perfectly fine with seeding each version I use until the next update comes long.