[Qgis-user] Compatibility of GNSS-receivers with QField

klamer klamer at gbd-consult.de
Mon May 10 07:04:24 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I would like to use QField with a small external GNNS-receiver that I
can connect to my smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth (e.g.Trimble R1;
Arrow 100; Leica Zeno FLX 100; ppm 10xx). Since they are quite
expensive, I want to make sure that the GNSS-receiver is compatible with
QField before buying one. In thistalk
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58EzJR7XwI), one of the developers of
QField mentions that external receivers from Trimble and Emlid have been
succesfully tested with QField. Receivers from other companies (e.g.
Leica) seem to have problems connecting with QField (see Questions at
1:01:27min).

Does someone have experience with small external GNSS-receivers and
QField or know of a list of succesfully tested combinations?

Many thanks in advance!

Thomas Klamer

--
Geoinformatikbüro Dassau GmbH
Rethelstrasse 153

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HR B 74022
Geschäftsführer: Otto Dassau