[Qgis-user] Aerial photo dates in legend without RGB patches?

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Tue May 25 07:08:15 PDT 2021

Hi Michael:

Just to be clear, these are your own georeferenced aerial photo's or
professionally produced ortho photo's (as opposed to satellite
imagery).  If so, where would the date field come from, the name of the
image files or perhaps embedded in the geotiff header (if using this
file type)?

Kirk Schmidt

On 5/25/2021 10:22 AM, Michael Dufty wrote:

> Has anyone got a good solution to display aerial photo dates in the
> legend?
>
> I can change the name of the layer, but then it displays a huge
> useless R G B legend.  Is there any way to turn this off?  Setting the
> patch size to 0 doesn’t seem to be possible for local images, although
> it does work for WMS layers.
>
> Alternatively is there a way to just put a manual line of text in the
> legend, other than with dummy layers/groups?
>
> *Michael Dufty*

Kirk Schmidt, MScF, BScF, RPF
General Manager
Nortek Resource Solutions Inc.