[Qgis-user] QGIS on a Windows tablet

Jésahel Benoist djes1975 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 00:07:07 PDT 2021

Hi,

We bought a strong tactile tablet for our everyday underground survey,
based on Windows. Despite the Windows glitches especially with the virtual
keyboard(s) and the tablet mode, it works well. The time spent at office is
noticeably reduced. I've done a toolbar facilitating creation,
export/import and all the great QGIS tools/extensions are there if needed.

There's also some little problems with QGIS :
1. The panel scrolling (for example in layers panel to go up and down)
doesn't work with the "two fingers" normal behaviour on tablet. It acts
like a one click/deposit with the first selected element. We have to click
precisely on arrows or slider, not always easy.
2. The magnet is not usable for entity creation. As the user doesn't move
the pointer but only click once near the interest point, there's no magnet,
the entity is created at the wrong place.
3. The map move/zoom needs to select the hand tool, when with a mouse the
third button is so convenient.

Nothing that makes impossible the work  anyway. The experience is not over
and we'd be happy to share with other users.

Thanks again to the QGIS team for this great software !

Jésahel