[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.22 - GRASS Init-Error

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 02:43:48 PST 2021

> Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 22:31:30 -0300
> From: Martin Bittens <martin.bittens at gmx.de>
> To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [Qgis-user] QGIS 3.22 - GRASS Init-Error
>
> Hello QGIS User Group!
>
> Today I did the update from QGIS 3.20 to 3.22 using the Win10 64bit?
> installer 'osgeo4w-setup.exe' provided on the QGIS homepage. When I
> opened the new QGIS version I received the following warning:
>
>  ?GRASS init error : Problem in GRASS initialization, GRASS provider and
> plugin will not work : Module built against version
> 2021-10-11T09:56:15+00:00 but trying to use version
> 2021-11-01T10:26:16+00:00. You need to rebuild GRASS GIS or untangle
> multiple installations.
>
> Obviously, something does not fit. But what?
>
> Are there any ideas? I also did the update from 3.16.11 to 3.16.13 (the
> LTR versions) and did not this problem.
>

> Thank you
>

> Martin

I installed 3.22 today using the standalone Windows installer, not the
OSGEO4W installer, and I got the same error on startup.
Both the Grass Plugin and Provider show in the plugin manager as loaded,
but I haven't tried using them to confirm it is truly broken.
I note that the Grass processing algorithms do still work.

Regards,
Alister