[Qgis-user] importing dwg/dxf

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Nov 21 06:07:41 PST 2021

Boaz Bar Ilan <boazprosie at gmail.com> writes:

> i always have problem importing dwg or dxf .  the layers  dont fit the
> coardinations and even when i set the layers crs it doesnt work.

I am far from an expert, but recently tried to deal with a dwg.

My impression is that they are almost always in local coordinates, and
the path to success is something like using GeoScience plugin to define
a local CRS based on control points where you know global coordinates
and local, and then to use that CRS for the data.

I recently imported some "PNEZD" data (csv with point it, northing,
easting, vertical, and description, all in an unspecified local grid,
from a total station data collector) and used geoscience to align it
wtih RTK obsservations of a few points, and things fit quite well.

How are you getting dwg?  Are you using the proprietary dwg library with
gdal, or is there some open source path?