[Qgis-user] Does DWG work in 3.22? - RE: importing dwg/dxf

Michael Dufty MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au
Sun Nov 21 21:18:22 PST 2021

The older version of AutoCAD Civil3d I have includes AutoCAD map functions and definitely gives you options to include CRS information in the dwg outputs.  The problem is I think the same software is the only thing that will read that information, so I never bothered using that function.    The export to shape file feature is more useful.  Not sure how many versions of AutoCAD have that capacity, but I can't recall ever receiving any shape exports from AutoCAD.

Recent versions of QGIS seem to be handling dxf files really well, so I always convert to that before trying to open.  CADWizz is a very affordable converter that often seems to work when other options fail.

Michael Dufty