[Qgis-user] Tip for managing heavy data

Dario dario955i at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 02:17:36 PST 2021

Hi Johannes,
Thank you for your reply.

I don’t know the “real” cause of the slowness. All the map is around 700 mb and it takes time for rendering.

Rest of the team usually have two approach:
- assign different style or categorisation
- copy part of the features in a new shape in order to add fields or, sometimes, merging group o polygon in one entity

Nobody edits the original cartography.

In one hand I was thinking to have a very light wms and in case they need building or road the load as shape (or similars) one layer at the time. In the other hand, having small portion of the city (cropped database) directly as shape (or similar) could be easier for them

Cheers,
Dario

_