[Qgis-user] Python error on startup

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Nov 27 01:59:13 PST 2021

On 11/27/21 9:26 AM, Dario C wrote:

> since I've installed Qgis Network I receive this python error:

Qgis Network? Not sure what you mean here???

> WARNING    Traceback (most recent call last):
>               File "C:\OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-ltr/./python/plugins\processing\script\ScriptAlgorithmProvider.py", line 112, in loadAlgorithms
>               folder = ScriptUtils.resetScriptFolder(folder)
>               File "C:\OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-ltr/./python/plugins\processing\script\ScriptUtils.py", line 114, in resetScriptFolder
>               commonSettingPath = os.path.join(paths[appIndex], paths[profileIndex])
>              IndexError: list index out of range

See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/python/plugins/processing/script/ScriptUtils.py#L111-L115

You could try to replay those lines in the QGIS Python console (either from within QGIS, OR from within osgeo4w python commandline).
Have a look in what the variable currentSettingPath is for you, same for paths, apparently one of those (after you split them with \ (your os-path-sepator) does NOT contain enough items to be able to find either the 3thr or 4th FROM THE LAST ONE BACK (-3 means 3thr from the back).
Maybe your qgisSettingsDirPath contain something strange? OR are in a 'strange' place...

Mmm, thinking about this: indeed if you startup QGIS with some custom profiles dir, AND you define it with something else as your os.sep (which on Windows is \ so if you use /) then the paths-array will be too short to find the -4 or -3 element...

So: please show us your QgsApplication.qgisSettingsDirPath() :-)

(hope this make sense to you)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde