[Qgis-user] QGIS Keybindings

Mathieu Gillot mathieu.gillot at larbre-ingenierie.fr
Tue Oct 5 00:46:29 PDT 2021

For what it's worth, I'm using a hardware solution with a programmable
keyboard that maps standard keyboard shortcuts (or all kinds of key
combinations). Which, after a little learning time, allows you to switch
from one tool to another very smoothly and considerably improves the
workflow.

There are professional solutions for this kind of tools (very expensive),
but I personally use a l *** tech G13 keyboard (gaming accessory, no longer
manufactured but easily found on occasion) whose driver (under Windows)
allows good customization (in addition to adapted software profiles). There
are newer similar keyboards but I can't comment on that.

This allows you to completely dispense with the standard keyboard (except
for entering data), and eliminates the need to go back and forth on toolbar
buttons.

Extremely useful under other CAD software, eg autocad.