[Qgis-user] Incredibly slow attribute view/access from postgres v3.16

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:49:15 PDT 2021

Hi Andrew,

Long story short, the attributes table code is quite old and needs to be
refactored. Unfortunately, it seems that it is a huge a task, that needs
quite an investment and, until now, no one stepped up to fund it.

Meanwhile, I suggest you avoid using table of attributes and it's tools as
much as you can. You already found one workaround, here's a few more:

- don't use the field calculator inside the attributes table, use the one
in QGIS main window toolbar. Much faster.
- don't use the edit multiple features attributes from within the
attributes table, use the one in the editing toolbar.
-if possible, narrow down the size of the table in rows and columns.

The problem with this tools inside the attribute table is that all rows are
loaded before you can open the attribute table, also, if you try to edit a
few, it will try to update all the rows for display (even that you can only
see a subset)

Hope I have helped.

Alexandre Neto
QGIS Support