[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.20 Crash

Stefan Giese (WhereGroup) stefan.giese at wheregroup.com
Wed Oct 6 07:40:39 PDT 2021

Hi Raymond,

thank's for sharing your thoughts on that!

At the moment we are working on a Profile Mananger Plugin which allows
you to get things from one to another profile like database connections,
plugins, expressions and so on. But a more generic solution would be
great anyway!!

Best

Stefan

Am 06.10.2021 um 16:33 schrieb Raymond Nijssen:
> Good question!
>
> I'm seeing this 'try a new profile' solution more and more often. And
> it's a great way to figure out if QGIS is really broken, or that it's
> just a corrupt profile for some reason.
>
> But profiles don't get broken by the users, they get broken by (bugs
> in) the software. And working with a new profile can be very
> inconvenient, cause plugins, configurations and links to recent
> projects/crs's/expressions/etc are missing.
>
> Could we think of ways to:
> - gather corrupt profiles and find bugs in it?
> - identify plugins that (often) corrupt profiles?
> - fix corrupt profiles?
> - anything else?
>
> Kind regards,
> Raymond
>

> On 06-10-2021 16:05, Martin Bittens wrote:
>> Yes, it worked. Using the new profile QGIS did not crash. But...
>>
>> 1.) How do I get all my settings and plug-ins from the previous
>> profile into the new one?
>>
>> 2.) How do I get QGIS running always with the new profile when I
>> start-up?  Do I need to delete the old profile?
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Martin
>>

>> Am 10/6/2021 um 10:36 AM schrieb Stefan Giese (WhereGroup):
>>>
>>> Did you try it also with a new profile?
>>>
>>> Just make a new prrofile and test it again: Menu->Settings->User
>>> Profiles->New Profile
>>>
>>> If QGIS don't chrashes again, then your user profile is corrupt...

>>> --
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>>> Stefan Giese
>>> Projektleiter/Consultant

>>> Schon gewusst?
>>> In unserem Blog geben wir Tipps & Tricks zu
>>> Open-Source-GIS-Software und berichten aus unserem Experten-Alltag:
>>> https://wheregroup.com/blog/
>>>
>>> WhereGroup GmbH
>>> Schwimmbadstr. 2
>>> 79100 Freiburg