[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.20 Crash

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Wed Oct 6 09:52:55 PDT 2021

Probably more of a developer list issue, but we already have commandline
options for starting qgis without plugins, the plugin manager for disabling
plugins, etc etc. The trouble is trying to send people the instructions for
this. Settings >> User Profiles >> New is a lot easier, and I expect most
experienced users try that route first anyway.

It would be nice to get more info on problematic plugins, user scripts, and
other issues so that the user experience is improved, but QGIS doesn't
really collect user data so how would that be done? Personally I think QGIS
should probably start looking into some sort of opt-in telemetry that is
ethical but which truly does improve the user experience. There may even be
a QEP for it.