[Qgis-user] mapping bus routes

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:00:27 PDT 2021

Thank you Nicolas I will give that yutube video a look.

I have historically handled the orientation problem by checking azimuths
but actually fixing the linework may save me some time in some cases so I
think there's good potential there.

David you're exactly right about that aspect of the problem, its not a
simple thing. Add to that a preference to have a route that eventually
turns right offset to the right of an overlapping route that continues
straight and its even more complicated. Its also sometimes difficult to
decide how to handle stop points as well.

Would be a nice plugin to put together to convert real routes into stylized
routes but I think that would be a fairly demanding long term project on my
end at least.