[Qgis-user] mapping bus routes

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 7 23:54:37 PDT 2021

Hi,

Besides on what was discussed here on the list already, I can add the
following information: the Swiss QGIS user group has mandated Nyall
Dawson to carry out a couple of days of research exactly on this topic -
kind of a feasibility study if it would be possible to draw such network
maps "on the fly" / automatically - with transit maps and hiking maps
(multiple parallel hiking routes) in mind.

I believe Nyall will work on this before the end of the year.

Of course we cannot promise anything - but based on the outcome of this
study, there might be follow-up work pending. If there is interest from
other users we might want to organize an institutional crowd funding
initiative.

This won't help you immediately - but it might be good for you to know
that the problem is on the radar. If there is a positive outcome in the
study, there might be implementation work pending next year.

Greetings,

Andreas