[Qgis-user] i have been digitizing polygons for a few days and QGIS crashed

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 09:53:11 PDT 2021

Hi,

You are missing one of the most important aspects of QGIS (and most GIS
software): The data is independent of the project.

The project > save action saves the project, which include what layers you
have loaded, what order you gave them, their styles, and so on.

When you edit vector layers, you need to use the save icon in the
digitising toolbar, the one next to pencil icon that you have probably
clicked to start editing. This is done layer by layer.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto
QGIS Support
www.qcooperative.net