[Qgis-user] Celestial map

Hernán De Angelis variablestarlight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 09:09:59 PDT 2021

Lester,

Yes, it can be done. I believe you need to do some preprocessing on your
star data to convert RA to degrees (which you wrote you do not want to
do but is not difficult). I also guess you are aware that RA coordinates
(or the x axis) have to be mirrored for use in geographical software
because RA increases to the left, as opposed to normal longitude which
increases to the right. It will probably be some work with the styles
and proper scaling of point sizes to star magnitudes.

/H.