[Qgis-user] Very strange installation problem QGIS 3.20.3

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Oct 13 00:26:50 PDT 2021

On 10/12/21 10:06 PM, giskraft.se wrote:
> For now, I’ll just relax and wait for a fix which will come eventually. I am not in the mood for guessing what the false error message is trying to say.

Hi Mats,

Did you create an issue for it? Else there will never be fix 'eventually' :-)

And I think the link Nicolas sent us:
https://www.thefreewindows.com/19928/fix-error-installation-directory-local-hard-drive/
has a good fix: you can run the installer with a 'flag' to NOT 'validate the install path', so that should work for you.

But best: create an issue (and/or find out WHY this message pops up, and why Microsoft thinks c:\ is not a local harddrive... somebody has to put time into investigating this)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde