[Qgis-user] QGIS server in professional use?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 00:44:47 PDT 2021

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 at 17:23, Mats Elfström <mats.elfstrom at giskraft.se> wrote:

> I am not too happy if I have to start over on a new machine.

With all due respect, what do you expect as the outcome of this
discussion?  You're complaining about software you obtained for free!
If you're looking for commercial SUPPORT for QGIS then you need to
contract a QGIS support provider (see
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/commercial_support.html). If you're
not experienced enough to setup the server yourself, I strongly
caution you NOT to expose it to the internet and instead pay someone
with the experience to do this for you, and ensure it's done
correctly.

If it's a volunteer task and you don't want to pay for support, then
you NEED to moderate your language and avoid the inflammatory wording.
That's never an effective way to get a good response from the
volunteer side of the community.

Nyall