[Qgis-user] GISBASE environment variable contains the wrong value

Rick Rupp palousegeo at outlook.com
Tue Sep 7 10:15:32 PDT 2021

I am using QGIS 3.20 on Windows 10. I installed QGIS using the new version of OSGeo4W. My installation is in a \OSGeo4W folder. When I try to execute a GRASS function, I get an error saying the program couldn’t find the function, but it is looking for it in a \OSGeo4W64 folder(default for the old version of OSGeo4W). I checked my Windows environment variables, and the GISBASE variable was pointing to the old location. I corrected this, rebooted, but QGIS still reports the old location on the System Options dialog. All the other OSGeo4W paths are correct. Is there another location from where the GISBASE variable is read?

My work around is to just use GRASS for the needed functions, as the standalone program runs fine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards, Rick