[Qgis-user] Multi User - QGIS

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Sun Sep 12 23:50:29 PDT 2021

Hi,
i use a sequence for this and a trigger, that ensures that the sequence
is used, no matter what user input comes from QGIS;

trigger function:

CREATE FUNCTION shema.table_ensure_sequence()
     RETURNS trigger
AS $BODY$
DECLARE
     str_execute text;
BEGIN
     IF (TG_OP = 'INSERT') THEN
         NEW.id := nextval('schema.table_id_seq'); -- use sequence
     ELSIF (TG_OP = 'UPDATE') THEN
         NEW.id := OLD.id; -- do not allow user changes in id
     END IF;
     RETURN NEW;
END;
$BODY$;