[Qgis-user] CSV Import records missing on map

Peter Devanney peter at devanney.ca
Sun Sep 26 13:48:04 PDT 2021

Hello

I have an issue I have never run into before.

I am adding a delimited text (CSV) layer and only some of the records
appear on the map. 36/118 records show. The rest do not show but are still
in the attribute table.

When I run add geometry attributes or do an export to .shp I only see the
36 records that showed up on the map.

All records look identical in the source CSV. I cannot see any difference
that would explain why one record imported successfully with geometry
attributes and the others didn't.

The CSV file has separate Lat and Long columns with coordinates in DMS
Latitude Longitude
N45 45 56.1 W075 27 51.3

I am running 3.16.8 on OS X Big Sur 11.5.2

Scratching my head as to why some records import ok and the others do not,
even though all show up in the attribute table.

thanks

Peter Devanney