[Qgis-user] Non Interactive Map Views or Static Scale Factor?

Andrew Hughes ahhughes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:55:32 PDT 2021

Hi All,

When introducing additional map views, I was wondering if it were possible
to have the non-main map views set to be "non-interactive". I can't see
such an option anywhere. Alternatively, I think having the ability to set a
static scale factor might overcome my issue.

So, what's the issue? When "Synchronize Scale" is enabled on the non-main
map views. The scale factor on these jump around wildly when the user
interacts with them (zoom in/out). If I could just make the non-main map
views purely "shadow" the main view this would not happen. Effectively,
users can only zoom in/out on the main map view. Either that or force the
scale factor to hold a static value of 1.0.

Before zoom in/out on a non-main map view (and looking good):
[image: image.png]

After a zoom on the non-main map view, and now having a completely
different scale/extent to the main map.... only the center of both maps is
kept in sync. The scales are so far out of sync between the two

[image: image.png]

Help would be much appreciated,

Many thanks in advance
Andrew