[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.24 Ubuntu

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:35:07 PDT 2022

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 at 06:03, Angeles Raphaël Saul via Qgis-user
<qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear QGIS community,
>
> I have two questions : Do you know how to install easily pcraster on ubuntu ? How can I uninstall the latest version of QGIS 3.24 and get an older version of QGIS on ubuntu ?
>

> Situation : I am a recent ubuntu user and I need to install pcraster for advanced watershed calculations. Apparently it is possible to install it using anaconda-navigator, so I first needed to install anaconda using this tutorial : https://gisunchained.wordpress.com/2019/05/29/using-qgis-from-conda/. But once QGIS 3.18.3 installed and opened, any plugin utilization do not work at all. For example, applying strahler order tool from SAGA on a DEM does not work. Every time, the python error is :
>

> WARNING    Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> File "/home/raphael/anaconda3/envs/demonstration/share/qgis/python/plugins/processing/gui/AlgorithmDialog.py", line 194, in runAlgorithm
>
> self.cancelButton().setEnabled(self.algorithm().flags() & QgsProcessingAlgorithm.FlagCanCancel)
>
> TypeError: setEnabled(self, bool): argument 1 has unexpected type 'Flags'

This is (unfortunately) expected -- Python 3.9 broke some API
compatibility, so the older QGIS 3.18 release ISN'T compatible with
the newer Python version. As you've concluded, the solution is
updating to a newer, supported QGIS version.

Nyall