[Qgis-user] Lagging qgis

Alexandru Munteanu aldru.munteanu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:38:32 PST 2022

Hi all,

I'm having a really hard time editing shapes in qgis, any kind of shapes
(lines, polygons, dots). And doesn't matter the size of the shape file, I
can have few points or lines in the layer.
The lagging varies from drawing something new, or moving vertices around.
Even changing styles is difficult.
For example, I want to change the color of a line, or its width, so i
select it's style, double click, wait a while for it to open, select the
width, wait for to get selected, then wait a little for it to apply and so
on.

What can be the problem? Anyone encountered something similar?

I work in version 3.12, which runs on a Lenovo Thinkpad, intel i7, 16 GB
ram, win 11.

Thank you in advance for any tips,
Alexandru