[Qgis-user] Lagging qgis

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 19 11:49:58 PST 2022

On 1/19/22 20:38, Alexandru Munteanu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a really hard time editing shapes in qgis, any kind of shapes (lines, polygons, dots). And doesn't matter the size of the shape file, I can have few points or lines in the layer.
> The lagging varies from drawing something new, or moving vertices around. Even changing styles is difficult.
> For example, I want to change the color of a line, or its width, so i select it's style, double click, wait a while for it to open, select the width, wait for to get selected, then wait a little for it to apply and so on.
>
> What can be the problem? Anyone encountered something similar?

Sometimes plugins are the culprit.

Can you try to create a profile without any plugins in it and then see if it it still slow?

If there is no problem anymore without plugins, you have to find the one that is creating the issue by enabling your old plugins one by one.

HTH,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde