[Qgis-user] Update Null Geometry

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 08:01:23 PST 2022

Hi all,
I have a points dataset with a few null geometries in it.

Is there a tool that can update these in place?

It seems that the point editing tool must add a new row instead of updating
an existing row.

The vertex editing tool seems unable to update a null geom since there's
nothing to initially click on.

Maybe I'm missing a tool or way of using the vertex editing tool?

A less preferred workflow would be to create a separate file and manually
add the points with the primary key as an attribute to later update on in
postgres but it would be much cleaner to edit the table in place I think
and I am curious if there is a solution since I'm not thinking anything up
myself.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Hugh Kelley