[Qgis-user] Help converting State

Bighouse Productions doug at bighouseproductions.ca
Mon Jan 24 15:59:12 PST 2022

Bighouse Productions <doug at bighouseproductions.ca>
[image: Attachments]3:44 PM (12 minutes ago)
to chris, qgis-user
Thanks so much Chris,

I've been trying 6.1.3 for a while now and I can't seem to get the CSV file
to export & convert from one CRS to the other (NAD27 Nevada East to UTM
NAD27).

No probs switching the CRS of the document and the coordinates layer... but
each time I export in the new CRS (EPSG:26711) the saved document is
exactly as it was when I started. To summarize, here's what I'm doing:

1. Start a new QGIS file
2. Change the CRS to Nevada East NAD27
3. Add comma delimited layer & change x to East and y to northing

Everything looks good at this point. Now I just want to convert from NAD27
Nevada East to NAD 27 UTM... no luck.

>From here I've tried a few things:

1. Export this layer to EPSG:26711. Nothing changes.
2. Change project and layer CRS to EPSG:26711 and export as EPSG:26711.
Nothing changes.
2. Various other implementations of the above.

Do you see what I'm doing wrong? I'll paste a link to the file just in case
you have a chance to have a look at it. Thanks again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TsOyNMLqGD8MsnT-UpirMjw7gXxw1_43/view?usp=sharing

Doug.

*Doug Hadfield, *
*bighouseproductions.ca <http://bighouseproductions.ca/>*
*VRtuous.com <http://www.vrtuous.com/>*
*virtualvideoproductions.com <http://virtualvideoproductions.com>*
*Video, Animation, Photography, 3D & VR*
778 895 1755
Demo Reel: https://vimeo.com/183084451
Photography: bighouse.smugmug.com