[Qgis-user] Add elevation data to many gpx files

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:03:06 PST 2022

Hi,

Gdal, a core library of QGIS can read and write to gpx. I did not play much with this format but it does support xyz points.  I would import the gpx file, save as .shp.  Use a Dem like NASADEM to get the elevations (you have multiple tools and plugins that can make a point sampling from a raster) and then save to gpx.

You could create a model to accelerate the process.  You can then batch this model in “processing”.

https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/gpx.html

Look for gpx or gps in the plugins, you will probably find interesting tools there.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux