[Qgis-user] Offline background map for large regions

Asim asimrp at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 14 22:27:38 PDT 2022

On 7/15/22 5:05 AM, Andreas via Qgis-user wrote:
> Postgres may not work for me, as I read it needs at least as much RAM as
> the file size to import the map into the database. My vector tiles have
> 20 GB while my PC only 8 GB. It may run out of memory.

Not intending to diverge from the main topic of this thread but just out
of curiosity, can you please share some pointers where this limitation
of PostgreSQL is discussed?  My impression of PostgreSQL is it remains
functional with fairly ancient hardware and limited resources.

By the way, thank you Andreas for starting this thread, I'm learning a
lot from the discussions.

Asim