[Qgis-user] Symbology

Kobben, Barend (UT-ITC) b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Fri Jun 17 21:32:07 PDT 2022

Usually this happens if you have numbers (quantitatvie data) that are stored in your file/db as Strings (text)....

--
Barend Köbben

On 18/06/2022, 04:25, "Qgis-user on behalf of chris hermansen via Qgis-user" <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:Qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>> wrote:

Allan and list,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 7:00 PM Allan Younger via Qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to show assay results as simple dot plots as graduated colour and size scaled points based on a selected element.
Problem is that in the layer properties/symbology tab, I cannot select anything.
Had the problem in Madeira 3.4 & assumed was just a glitch that had developed in that copy over time.
Installed 3.22.7, same problem.
Csv file has 162000 records & 30 column with co-ords for every point; with locations plotting a-ok.

At the top of the Layer Properties > Symbology dialogue window, have you selected one of the options other than "No Symbols"?  For example, "Graduated"?

Then in the field Value one of your layer's attributes?

Then pressed the "Classify" button?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.