[Qgis-user] Extending an existing line with the vertex tool - combination with tracing possible?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 01:43:01 PST 2022

Le ven. 4 mars 2022 à 05:13, Nicolas Cadieux via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> To my knowledge, when using the vertex tool, you click on the last node
> and then, you can extend it once.  I think you need to reclick the last
> node again if you want to add a new point.

No, You don't need to reselect: Given an existing line, take the vertex
tool, move close to an end point, click on the '+' and you can extend it
with as many segments as you wish (
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#basic-operations
- adding vertices).
The issue here, and I confirm Andreas' first message, is that the vertex
tool ignores the tracing option, you need t click every new vertices.
Another issue I saw is that I spent a lot of time to find the tracing
button: it's available on the snapping toolbar, but not on the snapping
Options widget which opens (and I didn't enable the toolbar). I still have
issues to understand why we need two interfaces for these options, with
tools that are in one place and not in the other.

Regards,
Harrissou