[Qgis-user] Importing spreadsheet: Strange behaviour

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Mar 11 12:07:30 PST 2022

Hi folks,

for quite some time, I hold frequently changing data in a xlsx-file.
Working in a spreadsheet application is so much more efficient sometimes.

This spreadsheet easily imports by drag and drop, the import dialog pops
up where to choose which tab to import, and finally the table is there
with the first row as column heads.

Now, I'm getting just nuts.

I'm trying to do the same with other data, and whatever I try, it
imports the table ignoring the header row, so its Field1, Field2...

Findings so far:

I had a long file name. With this, there was no import dialog, but the
first tab was imported immediately, but without the header row.

I saved the file with a short file name, and now the import dialog asks
which tab to import. But still, the first data-row is ignored.

Dragging my other already existing file into that project works just
perfectly.

What could be the reason for this behaviour?

Cheers,

Bernd