[Qgis-user] quit() and exit()

Asim asimrp at lavabit.com
Tue May 3 02:42:32 PDT 2022

Hi Stephen

You are welcome!  Please see my response below.

On 5/3/22 2:33 AM, Stephen Sacks wrote:
> Hi Asim,
>    Thanks for your help.  But I have no experience with raising an
> exception, so I need more help.   I ran the following 7 lines of code
> in the Python console in Qgis:
>
> fName = 'xyz'
> vrbl = False
> class MyExcpt:
>     pass
>
> if not vrbl:
>     raise MyExcpt("Unable to find file %s" % fName)
>

> I got the following error: TypeError: MyExcpt() takes no arguments

Indeed, my bad, I wrote an incorrect code snippet.  The correct way is
define the exception class as follows:

     class MyException(Exception):
         pass

User defined exception classes should be derived from the built-in
Exception class.  Note that exceptions raised from QGIS Python console
are not reported in the QGIS messages tab.

Asim