[Qgis-user] New objectid numbers after using DIFFERENCE

Keith Trees keithtrees at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 02:32:42 PDT 2022

Hi All

I have two vector polygon layers, soil and native vegetation respectively. I used vector-geoprocessing tools-Difference to get the output of the soils that had no native vegetation.

The problem is that there are now multiple polygons that share the same objectid as they are remnants of an original polygon. This is repeated through the layer.

How can I renumber the objectids so each polygon has a unique value?

I need to be able to identify each polygon and also calculate its area.

Regards

Keith