[Qgis-user] Problem merging 30-m SRTM tiles in QGIS 3.24.3 for MacOS 10.14.6

Walter Alvarez platetec at berkeley.edu
Thu May 19 14:30:39 PDT 2022

I’m trying to merge either two or twelve 30-m SRTM tiles using QGIS 3.14.3.  In either case (2 or 12) I am stopped by the following problem:

Using Raster > Miscellaneous > Merge…

I get the “Merge" window.   I try to use Input layers > Elements selected > “…"

That takes me to the "Multiple Selection" window, showing the 2 or 12 files I want to merge (filenames:   nXXeXXX_1arc_v3 [EPSG:4326]).

After selecting all the files, when I click “OK”   the "Multiple Selection Window” and the “Merge” window both disappear, and I cannot figure out what to do next, or do differently.

I can’t figure out how to get past this problem and merge my tiles.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Walter

Walter Alvarez
Professor of the Graduate School
Department of Earth and Planetary Science
University of California Berkeley