[Qgis-user] Problem merging 30-m SRTM tiles in QGIS 3.24.3 for MacOS 10.14.6

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Fri May 20 03:34:42 PDT 2022

Hi Walter,
As an alternative to Wouter’s suggestion, I would recommend VRT’s (Raster ==> Miscellaneous ==> Build Virtual Raster) Not alone does it merge/mosaic but it also results in a small file size. It is also very easy to generate convert that VRT to any other format output, using gdal_translate (Raster ==> Conversion ==> Translate)
I hope this helps,
Kind Regards,

Richard

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

——
To send me files larger than 30MB, please use the link below https://filetransfer.opw.ie/filedrop/richard.mcdonnell@opw.ie

Email Disclaimer: https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/439daf-email-disclaimer/

——
MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://www.opw.ie

——