[Qgis-user] Editing GPKG from network drive

Simon Gröchenig simon at sgroe.at
Mon Aug 12 23:57:04 PDT 2024

Hi list,

a project partner "sometimes" struggles to edit GPKGs that are saved on
a network drive. Trying to modify the GPKG in QGIS results in the
following error:

> Provider errors: OGR error committing transaction: sqlite3_exec(COMMIT)
> failed: disk I/O error

No problems occur modifying the same GPKG when it is located on a local
drive.

I found the following 8-year-old qgis-user thread:
https://qgis-user.osgeo.narkive.com/bjrGqIjn/something-to-think-about-geopackage-and-wal

Is this thread related to the disk I/O error?

I would also like to ask if GPKGs or SQLite-DBs are still unsave to use
from network drives!? Is there any current information about this
somewhere?

Best regards
Simon