[Qgis-user] Editing GPKG from network drive

Francesco Pelullo f.pelullo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 00:41:29 PDT 2024

Hi Simon,

We're usually store data in .gpkg on network drive.

Data access in read mode is very nice, also with dozen concurrent users.

Instead, writing data in .gpkg on network drive can cause errors, specially
if from two or more concurrent users.

This is because of limits of SQLite format. In past, there was suggestions
about a "semaphore" file that prevents to edit .gpkg file, if another user
is editing.

My suggestion is: split .gpkg in smallest parts, assign every area (or
part) to a user, merge parts at the end.

Or, use PostGIS.

Regards

Francesco