[Qgis-user] Create a polygon with a specific area size

Nicole Stoffels n.stoffels at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 27 06:48:07 PDT 2024

Dear all,

I want to create a polygon of a specific size. Currently I am working
rather "hands on". As long as it is a rectangle and I provide either length
or width, I can calculate the other one and do a construction with the
advanced digitizing tool. But is there a way, that I construct a more
complex polygon and define the area beforehand or scale it to a certain
area afterwards. To my understanding the polygon scaling requires a factor.
I cannot scale to a certain area size in square meters. Is there another
function I haven't found yet?

I am using QGIS 3.34.4.

Best regards and thank you so much in advance!

Nicole Stoffels