[Qgis-user] Create a polygon with a specific area size

gam17 at riseup.net gam17 at riseup.net
Wed Aug 28 01:36:49 PDT 2024

Hi Nicole,
   if you need regular polygon you can download QAD plugin e try POLYGON
command:
Command: POLYGON
Enter number of sides <5>: 4
Specify center of polygon or [Edge]:
Enter an option [Inscribed in circle/Circumscribed about circle/Area]
<Area>: a
Enter the polygon area in current units <100>: 100.0

if you need rectangle try RECTANGLE command:
Command: RECTANGLE
Specify first corner or [Chamfer/Fillet]:
Specify other corner or [Area/Dimensions/Rotation]: A
Enter rectangle area in current units <100>: 80.0
Calcolate the rectangle dimensions based on [Length/Width] <Length>:

gam17