[Qgis-user] Speed up loading a project, by postponing fetching WFS features

Thomas Larsen Wessel mrvelle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:04:18 PDT 2024

I have a project with roughly 30 WFS layers. Most of the layers are
disabled by default, and I rarely have more than 10 of those layers enabled
in any session.

But as far as I can tell, it loads all data from all WFS layers, no matter
if the layers are enabled or not. Am I right?

Does this happen in sequence or in parallel?

It takes 100 seconds from clicking open, until the GUI updates to show the
loaded project (for the above mentioned project with 30 WFS layers). I
believe the Internet connection is the bottleneck. Often I'm on a cell
phone connection, and the load time is much worse.

Is there anything I can do to make it not load all WFS data right away? Eg
not load features from any disabled layer, until I actually need it?

Sincerely, Thomas